Servo/actuator for RC zero turn lawn mower

Yeah but I’m not sure ho to do it. I"ll have a walksnail FVP camera on it and the frsky radio. Will there be a way to do that through the radio? The mower of course has the seat safety switch which I’ll have to make a work around but I could pretty easily put a normally closed relay in that circuit. Having a kill mower on the loose in the neighborhood would not make for good community relations.

1 Like

Yes most of the failsafe are done through the radio. Some also have an app you can connect via bluetooth on your smart phone.

1 Like

Cool I’ll look into that, thanks,

1 Like

I have another question. I have two of those Actuonix actuators coming with their control boards, but I also ordered two small actuators from eBay for the choke and throttle because I really don’t need feedback on those; they are either on or off. Do you know of an RC relay-type thing that I could use to run those actuators? I will also need one to switch the existing starter relay. Thanks in advance.

1 Like

You could use this relay kit for controlling actuators with limit switches:

But for the RC part, I guess you could add a microcontroller which will activate/deactivate this relay based on the inputs from transmitter/receiver.

I just found this on Amazon. Would they work?

1 Like

This is interesting, but it is only a single channel relay.

You would need DPDT relay to achieve this: