Servo 0 Shaking on AL5D

HI ,I have robotic ARM AL5D but i have problem with servo motor 0 .Servo Shaking.Can you tell me what the problem might be?

@ErvisQose Welcome to the RobotShop Community. When you say “servo 0” do you mean the 485HB in the base? Can you show a video (and at the same time, several clear photos of the arm, especially the electronics)? Normally this servo does not shake since the load (i.e. torque) acting on it is minimal. Jitter normally happens when the PID cannot get to the desired end position and the servo provides too much power for the servo to move in one direction, only to overcompensate in the other direction.

2 Likes

Hi,
I’ve noticed jitter, when the legs of my hexapod are in free air. (no load)
It gets worse, when I use a 2-cell Lipo battery instead of 5-cell NiMH. (7.2V vs. 6 Volt)
When I put the hexapod on the ground, there is no jitter. IMHO the jitter is a sign of overshooting PID, caused by overvoltage.

Hello and thanks for your reply.
It was the base servo that was shaking.But I repaired it by opening the servo and centering the potentiometer.
Probably moved by force and caused this. After some testing it is ok.
Thanks again

1 Like

Happy to hear the issue is resolved, though it is unlikely we would have had you open the servo and instead simply replaced it.