Serial LCD Controller

Okay, I’m looking at video
Okay, I’m looking at video now. That’ll help out with figuring out why the constant updates. I believe I know what is going on and how to fix it.

Hi, Curtis great work !I

Hi, Curtis

great work !

I tried to program a 16F628A with your file “LCD - PIC16F628A_2Line”. Everything seems OK but I have only one line on my LCD (2lines, 16 characters)

I tried with another PIC, same result ! Only the first line is working.

I tried your program “Hobbybotics LCD Controller Demo v2.2”. It’s working without problem, but only the first line is OK.

The second line doen’t show anything.

So I tried a 4 line LCD with the file “LCD - PIC16F628A_4Line”. Surprise ! Only the first and the third lines are working. Nothing appears on the second and the fourth lines …

I don’t understand where the problem is coming from… Could you help me ? Or just show me an error I could have done ?

Happy new year !

Draknaut

i got invalid data in file

i got invalid data in file using eagle when i tried to open the regulation board schematic.

That’s because the PCB and

That’s because the PCB and schematic was done with ExpressPCB and not eagle.  The application is free to use and pretty easy however, you have to use their service if you want to have PCBs made.  I do use Eagle but the layout design breaks so many GUI ease of use rules that I can’t bring myself to use it.  Let me know if you have any further questions.  \o/