Sequence player for the SSC32U out of an arduino

Has anyone built a sequence player for the SSC32U out of an arduino? Something that could capture data from the visual sequencer and play it back as a loop, thus removing the need for a laptop to run the robot.

1 Like

Hi @urthlight!

In the Lynxmotion GitHub repository Arms you can find some examples under the Botboarduino branch. There is the typical PS2 example but also a few for controlling an AL5D without a PS2 including one where a sequence is played over time.

Currently, there are no direct way to export a sequence out of the SSC-32 Servo Sequencer Utility RB-Dsp-07 that looks good. When you save a sequence or group of sequences as a .pat file, it is a binary blob. That being said, you can modify the code for this app if you own a copy of FlowBotics Studio [RB-Dsp-06] and add a way to export a sequence.

Sincerely,

Actually, I had some old code I made at some point to export this laying around. Here’s a new sequencer with two extra export (save) functions that export the current or all sequences in a easier to use .csv format. Just select from the dropdown here:

You could combine this CSV export with the Arduino example I linked to (for using a sequence). I hope that helps!

Sincerely,

File: RB-Dsp-07 - SSC-32 Servo Sequencer Utility (Custom Exports).zip (3.0 MB)