Scanner

scanner_body_small_image.JPG

I created this scanner after working with it, either directly or indirectly (I mean I had to learn how to use Stepper motors, program in the Processing software, etc.), for months. The body is of an old CD Drive. The sensor used is a tiny LDR (Light Dependent Resistor). The brain is an Arduino board with an Atmega328. Data is sent for each pixel one by one thrrough the computer's Serial Port. I have used processing to display the image according to this information. Scanning quality is is not so good, area scanned is small (4.1cm*8.7cm,approx., I could have increased the larder dimension but did not as there was little scope for increasing the other dimension), takes a lot of time to san. However, it is home-made from old stuff. Excluding the Arduino board, which I already had, there is little extra investment. Hope U guys like it......Cheers :->

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJD9HWBMAiA

That is so cool! I would

That is so cool!  I would never have guessed you could get such good resolution with just an LDR.

I wonder what would happen if you used another servo which would alternate colored plastic for red, blue and green in front of the LED for each color on the CD player LED if you could with a bit of playing get it to work as a color scanner?  The theory is good anyways.

Awesome…
Creative … :slight_smile:

thanks

i thought of adding colour sensor. But, in a different way, using an RGB led/or a 3 LDR technique once used by Dipanjan. Thanks anyway. Can’t guarantee that i will implement as i am currently more interested in another project.

thank u

again, thank U

Awesome!!!

Great stuff, man!
Hey, you live in Guwahati right? I too live there! Prehaps I can visit you sometime! I would like to meet a great mind like you! :slight_smile:

thanx

it would b great 2 meet u. let me know more about your whereabouts.