Sabertooth Dual 2x32A 6V-24V Regenerative Motor Driver

Hi!

I require some advice regarding a RC robot I am building with wheelchair motors.

I have four wheelchair motors which Id like to steer via skid steer (like a bobcat) instead of a turning wheel. (if that makes sense)

Will the Sabertooth Dual 2x32A 6V-24V Regenerative Motor Driver suffice in this regard. Will it tell two motors on the left to drive - while keeping the right stopped (and visa versa) and drive all four motors together forward and backwards?.

Thank you in advance, any advice regarding this project appreciated. Have just tested the motors with a battery and am ready to purchase the motor driver.

Thanks again.

Hi there,

There is mode with the Sabertooth to mix the signal and create a ‘‘tank style’’ control.

See the additional details here: https://www.robotshop.com/media/files/pdf/rb-dim-47-datasheet.pdf

Make sure that if you plug 2 motors per Channel, this won’t overload the Sabertooth. The limit is 32A per output.

I would like to see your project in the robots section even if it’s in progress.

1 Like

Hi Pjutras - really appreciate you coming back on this - I am oping to purchase some parts this coming week.

May I ask another question - It looks like I can only source once set of wheel chair motors.
So I am looking to a tracked version.

Is there a go to guy that I could source tracks that are approx 4-5 inch wide and a meter or more in length and the sprockets to go with it.

I can only see the small one online or ones that are based in the US. Is there anyone in the UK?.

Thank you,