Sabertooth 2x32, problem with electromagnetic brake

Hello everybody, that’s my first post here;
I’m building a robot using sabertooth 2x32 and two wheelchair motor, using a RC transmitter; i choise the sabertooth 2x32 because it support the electromagnetic brake; i’m using two 12V lead acid battery in series in order to obtain 24V.
I connect all the wires to the sabertooth, select all the dip switches and i connect the electromagnetic brake to the sabertooth; i’m sure that all the wiring is exactly because i follow all the instruction.
I selected in the DEScribe software the option brake in the output section, i select the lead acid battery… all seems to be okay, but when i’m riding with robot, if for example i have to climb a step, the electromagnetic brake activate atomatically, braking the motor.
I noticed that electromagnetic brake automatically activate when there is a lot of current absorption, so when the robot has to make a lot of effort.
Could anyone help me? because is strange that the robot fails to make a slight climb!
Thanks everybody!!

Hello @Paolodir and welcome to the forum,

Could you share what is the input voltage rating of the motors and what is the maximum current rating for each motor? And what is the discharge rate and the capacity of your batteries?

Could you also share pictures of your setup showing the wiring and the DIP switches?

1 Like