Running a servo through a darlington

I am wondering what's the trick to running a servo (hxt900) on a picaxe28 (pic16f886) through a darlington transistor array.

I tried many different thing sbut the only thing that works is removing the darlington and replacing it with the 330 ohms resistor array (as specified in the "start here" recipe).

The only reason I am trying to do that is so that I can use the transistor array to work with speakers. 

Would it be a better Idea to just use the resistor array and then add transistors to each of the speaker's signal?

As you can see my circuitry skills are still low but I makee up for it in enthusiasm.

As I’m following this threat
As I’m following this threat (also a ydm builder here :wink: and also looking for an little amplifier.
First I found the LM386 IC. with this IC and some other parts an amplifier can be build easily. A lot of info on YouTube about this. Then I looked further and have now found this little amplifier on Ebay:
http://www.ebay.nl/itm/Mini-Digital-3W-3W-Amplifier-Board-USB-Power-Dual-Channel-2-CH-5V-Amplifier-/261077841129?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cc973b4e9
I’m about to buy it…