Rplidar A3 not working

A few months ago I bought the Rplidar A3 for research purposes. It was working just fine and yesterday it just stopped working.
I tried a lot of different things like switching USB ports, changing the data send wire, restart the computer… and none of them worked. A friend of mine had another Rplidar A3 so I tried using that and it worked. Just the device not the little USB hub that comes with it.

So I am not sure how to move on from now. I know the problem is not on the power or data sending wires, but I am not sure if it is the Lidar itself or the wire that comes out of it. How can I debug it or ask for technical help from the manufacturer. It seems like the form is the only way and I cannot talk directly with them about this.

Thanks so much.

1 Like

Hi @xaru8145!

Welcome to the RobotShop community.

Thank you for all the details concerning your troubleshooting steps. If you’ve tried a different RPLidar A3 with the same setup & USB adapter then it really is pointing towards a defective sensor. While this is far from common it can happen rarely.

I’ll move your issue to our ticket system since this will require interaction with the manufacturer and possibly RMA (and confidential information being exchanged). We’ll send you an update through our support center shortly.

Sincerely,

This topic was transferred to internal RobotShop Support.