RP LIDAR A1

I purchased a RP Lidar A1 to be used alongside my Raspberry Pi 3 B+. I am able to interface the Lidar with the Pi using ROS, however it hasn’t been reliable. I have been getting errors 80008000 and 80008002. Could you give some insight as to what these errors mean?

Hi,

Could you attach a screenshot showing the error ? Also, could you provide some pictures showing your wiring of RPLidar A1 with the Raspberry Pi 3 B+ ?

Thank you for your reply. The setup is as follows, one USB wall port powering 4 Raspberry Pis. Each Raspberry Pi is connected to a switch, and to a RP Lidar A1. I have attached some pictures of the setup and some of the errors that I am getting. Thank you for your help.
3.jpg
2.jpg
1.jpg

What is the current rating of the USB Wall Port ? Each RPLidar A1 will draw up to 600mA at startup and a maximum continuous current of 350mA at normal operation. You will need to double check if your USB Wall port can supply the current to 4 Raspberry Pis with one RPLidar A1 each. Also, you can take a look at this post, could be related to your problem.