Rover/Tracked wheelbase which could handle up to 50Kg load. Suggestion?

Hi!

I require your help regarding a problem I’m encountering.

Description: I am looking for a pro robot base, either rover or tracked which could handle up to 50Kg load. Any suggestion?

Hardware concerned: Ardunio

Software concerned: N/A

Thank you so much in advance for your help!

Hello @igloobear,

Welcome to RobotShop community.

There are plenty of options to choose from, for example.

Rovers:

These two rovers can handle up to 80kg.

And for tracked you can check this one with 50kg capacity.

Feel free to ask for any further information.

Sincerely,

1 Like

Hello @igloobear,

Perhaps we can help you choose the best option if you can provide us with more details about your requirements.

If possible try to answer these questions:

• What is the robot’s operating environment (indoors, outdoors, summer, winter, rain etc.)
  • Regarding payload, is that on a flat surface or up an incline?
  • Do you have an idea of your budget?
  • Do you have any other requirements like autonomy, remote control or sensors?

Regards,

• What is the robot’s operating environment (indoors, outdoors, summer, winter, rain etc.) indoor possible water dripping environment, so IPX4 would be nice to have.
  • Regarding payload, is that on a flat surface or up an incline? flat surface
  • Do you have an idea of your budget? up to 7K per unit for R&D. production 3-5K in small volume (10-20 MOQ)
  • Do you have any other requirements like autonomy, remote control or sensors? preferable, yes.

Given the budget and requirements, Ebram’s suggestions are likely the closest options. The Rover Robotics have great payload capacity and the two within your price range are the 4WD and 2WD. For example:

Water environment: IP67 rating
Payload: 180 pounds (~80Kg)
Budget: $6925 USD
Processor: You choose
Tracked / Wheels: Why not both?!

Without additional details / requirements, this seems to meet all of your needs.

1 Like