Rover Tires

What is the difference between these two tires that makes the first one more durable than the other? I assume the materials they are made of are different?

lynxmotion.com/Product.aspx? … egoryID=39

lynxmotion.com/Product.aspx? … egoryID=39

I’d go with the Proline Masher.

Those are the ones I have now but with the older style rims and hubs. The hub keys broke on some of the tires, is there a pace where I can buy the newer styler rims for the wheels instead of replacing the entire wheel?

you can buy rims at any hobby shop… i would assume, they are regular hex nuts arn’t they?

I have the old school rims lynxmotion used to sell, unfortunately a while back the key which the 6mm hub sits in broke becuase of its flimsy design (the hex keys are waayy stronger). This is why I need to replace the rims and hubs, and i want the exact ones lynxmotion sells (this is why I wish they sold individual parts for assembly becuase it is much more convinient)…

I don’t think my local hobby shop has theseof rims. :frowning:

They are standard RC Monster Truck tires… why wouldn’t a local shop not have just the rims?

They don’t have them in stock, for the past few months now.

Are these what you are looking for?
www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wt … LXJK62&P=7

These are similar but look a little cooler:
www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wt … LXMSY6&P=7

Just get the new HUB-12 with the hex design and you can use any 2.2" R/C style rims (12mm hex style) and tires. You will have a much wider selection to choose from.

Any REAL hobby shop that stocks R/C stuff and has a decent selection will have a lot of 12mm rims and tires to choose from.

8-Dale

Nope this is the one.
www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wt … XJK63&P=ML

Here is one from Proline that works too.
www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wt … LXLCB8&P=7

The Proline Masher is cool, but it’s a bit too soft for heavy rovers. The Traxxas tires are made from a much stronger material. They don’t even come with foam inserts (not needed).