Rosbot: Akerman or Parallel steering system

Hi,

I’m trying to understand the difference between the first and the second model from the links about the steering model. I understand that the first model is an Akerman steering system but what about the second model? Parallel or Akerman Steering ? Because I want to find a good model to use for scenario tests in hard road conditions on lane changes like the snow by example.

Link 1: Ackerman Pro Smart Car (4WIS) - RobotShop
Link 2: Rosbot Pro TX - 4WIS (RoboSense) - RobotShop

Thank you for your help.

Bap

1 Like

Hi @Baptisteb12 and welcome to the forum.

@wayneliu maybe you can support here? Thank you.

Hi Bap,

Thank you for your enquiry.

The key difference between Ackerman Pro Smart Car (4WIS) and Rosbot Pro TX 4WIS is
Ackerman Pro Smart Car (4WIS) does not have ROS controller such as Jetson Nano or
Raspberry Pi installed onboard. It is only a robotic chassis. In terms of steering system and
suspension system, these two products are the same.

If you already have ROS controller, then you may consider Ackerman Pro Smart Car (4WIS).
If not, Rosbot Pro TX 4WIS (the ROS controller is Jetson TX) would be ideal for your project.

I hope I have explained clearly. If not, please feel free to contact me.

Thanks
Wayne

1 Like

Hi Wayneliu

Thank for your answer and I understand the hardware difference between these two products.

But what I really want to understand is about the mechanics of steering systems. Because our work will be based on the steering controls with the upper-low level in difficulty scenarios of roads.

With your answer about the Ackerman steering system I can understand now and the others Rosbot models haven’t the parallel steering system.

Thank you for your answer

Bap

1 Like

Hi Bap,

I wish to clarify all Robots use Ackerman chassis. In another word, their steering systems and suspension systems are identical.

Please check the Rosbot Pro TX 4WIS user manual from the below webpage to find out more technical configurations.

Thanks
Wayne

1 Like