RobotShop Operations Not Affected by Siege at Headquarters

[size=2][FONT=Verdana]R[/FONT][size=2][FONT=Verdana]obotShop shifts to its contingency plan to support customer service and distribution activities while the hostage situation takes place at it’s corporate headquarters. Under pressure by the robot mowers, RobotShop’s management also settles to extend the LawnBott robot mowers promotion until May 10th 2009.[/size] [/FONT]

[size=2][FONT=Verdana]robotshop.ca/images/design/rwnn-button.gif[/size][/FONT]

[LEFT][FONT=Verdana][size=2]Boisbriand, QC, April 27th 2009 - RobotShop[/size][/FONT][size=2][FONT=Verdana], the World’s Leading Source for Domestic and Professional Robot[/FONT][/size][size=2][FONT=Verdana] Technology, is under siege by robot lawn mowers. RobotShop employees are still being held hostage by robot[/FONT][/size][size=2][FONT=Verdana] lawn mowers within the RobotShop headquarters building. Fortunately, the police and the military managed to release many hostages held captive by the robot mowers.[/FONT][/size][/LEFT]

[LEFT][FONT=Verdana][size=2]“Robot mowers managed to seize control of RobotShop headquarters and restrain more or less 50 employees. RWNN[/size] was on site when the event started taking place. The police and military arrived swiftly and undertook an impressive[/FONT][size=2][FONT=Verdana] operation,” mentioned Rob Kapek reporter for the Robot World News Network (RWNN).[/FONT][/size][/LEFT]

[LEFT][size=2][FONT=Verdana]Warehouse and customer service facilities are fully operational and available to receive inquiries from RobotShop customers. Shipments remain on schedule. [/FONT][/size][/LEFT]

[LEFT][size=2][FONT=Verdana]“We are fortunate that there were no injuries or damages during the events as they unfolded. We have had great support by local authorities and the military”, declared Sandra Fradet, RobotShop’s Second Managing officer.[/FONT][/size][/LEFT]

[LEFT][size=2][FONT=Verdana]Pressured by these events, RobotShop’s management settled to extend the promotion on LawnBott robot mowers[/size] until May 10th 2009. [/FONT][/LEFT]

[LEFT][FONT=Verdana][size=2]“In this promotion, RobotShop customers are automatically entered to win a Spyder LB1200 Lawnbott when they[/size][/FONT][size=2][FONT=Verdana] purchase any model of Lawnbott robot mower. In the settlement with the robot mowers over the release of RobotShop hostages, we are held accountable for promoting robotics in our society,” shared Mario Tremblay President and CEO of RobotShop.[/FONT][/size][/LEFT]

[LEFT][size=2][FONT=Verdana]For the time being LawnBott LB models, Robomow models, BigMow, ParcMow, BallPicker, SmartMow and other robot mowers maintain control of RobotShop’s headquarters. [/FONT][/size][/LEFT]

[size=2][FONT=Verdana]Rob Kapek is a reporter for the Robot World News Network (RWNN)[/FONT][/size]
[size=2][FONT=Verdana]For more information and to track these events visit the RWNN website[/size]. [/FONT]
[size=2][FONT=Verdana]You may also view part one of the actual news footage by Rob Kapek titled : [/FONT][/size]
[FONT=Verdana]"[/FONT][FONT=Verdana]Robot Lawn Mowers Takeover RobotShop Headquarters"[/FONT][/size]

I have multiple domestic robots and I know they are not malicious.:rolleyes: They need to get smarter to be malicious…:confused:

For sure, RobotShop has a strategy. The story is to be continued…:cool:

It seems obvious that they are trying to create a buzz around RobotShop… Well done!:cool:

Hey there,

I got the newsletter about the “RobotShop Hostage Situation” by e-mail and wanted to comment (hope this is the right place). I honestly do not understand the strategy (it seems obvious that RobotShop made the video, which was quite entertaining by the way, especially the “blair witch” type ending), but does it not seem odd to portray robots in a negative light - potentially taking hostages?

Amused :smiley: & confused :confused:

The robot lawn mowers seemed to be unhappy. Looks like they were pressuring Robotshop to get them into good homes :slight_smile:

The name is really close so I agree that it is a weird occurence :slight_smile:

Mr. Cola has a point. I believe the video to be a mere alleogry in reference to robots vs human behaviour.

True it was funny. Very cool video work!

I can’t wait for the second one! Poor Julie! ekkkkkkkk.

Ha funny.

True Robotshop is always up to something :slight_smile: Maybe you should contact them.

Dudes!!!

I just saw your video…might I say WICKED! You guys should make a TV show. The Robot Adventures…I’d watch that.

can’t wait for the next one.

Go RobotShop!

Ghost

I agree, strange coincidence… Well at least there were no injuries at RobotShop! I think the lawnmowers were just trying to make a point! Maybe they were in need of more attention! Can’t wait to see the next video!!! Good job guys (and girls)! Poor Julie! Did she manage to get out?

It is funny in my own opinion that nearly the same day, a website called Robot World News have a head title like “Robot assaults employee” : robotworldnews.com/100680.html

The name seems very close to your RWNN. Is it a coincidence ?

But in general, the video is awesome ! Hope that any great websites will relay information.