Robotic training devices

I am building two items and need coaching. Both are reward delivery devices for my K9 detection program. The first item is the catch and release system for a trap door inside a 4" pipe. Weight on this door is less than 5# or 2 KG. The release will be a wireless remote from less than 50’ away.
The second device is a wooden box with a hole in it from which a ball pops out. I envision a loaded spring in a cup suddenly releasing and driving the ball skyward. This I’d like to activate from a great distance as possible (200’?). I want some power in the spring but if the ball hit me in the face bruising is not required.
Both of these units are to be run by adequate rechargeable batteries.
I’m pretty good at putting the parts together if I know what they are so this is where the expert comes in. Also I need a decent robustness as the housing of theses devices stands a chance of getting a beating from the more active “bull-in-china-shop” dogs. Thanks in advance!

@Roboticdogdevices Welcome to the RobotShop Community. Looks like your post was overlooked - sorry about that. Have you started? If not, here are some basics:

You can use a normal wireless RC remote and receiver to operate RC servos which rotate 180 degrees and can be used to open small doors, compartments etc.

Ex: Radiolink AT10II 2.4G 12CH Transmitter w/ R12DS Receiver - RobotShop
RC Servo Motors - RobotShop
Ex: Hitec HS-645MG Servo Motor - RobotShop

RC servos can be really beefed up. For example the following places an RC servo n an aluminum case and adds a gear ratio in metal:

If the system needs to be more robust, you might need linear actuators, so a system like this would be more appropriate (need to confirm the range though):

DC linear actuators: