Robot pool cleaner polaris

Hi everyone. Glad to find this forum discussion. I got the P9550 for over three years. First time got the ER-10. Leslie wanted $950 to replace the motor block. That is a hiway robberies. I was able to find a m-block for $400 and replace it myself. After a 1-1/2 year the same thing happen. This time I am starting to make an deep dive into it. Polaris is building an underwater robot but using all cheap parts, connectors are not even IP65 rating. Only rated for splash proofs. The motor block is made of cheap hard plastic not hard composite material so after a while the chassis bend and cause leakage. The thruster motor is only protected with one oring on the outside under the brass nut, no support nor seal from inside. So stupid design. And some stupid people on YouTube shows loosing the nuts during disassemble, which can cause leakage if not careful. Polaris does not want theirs tech to deal with the electronics replacement. They created the tester to test the unit so the techs only know what parts to replace according to the results from the diagnostic tester.
I opened the motor block to see what is going on and found one motor has some corrosion built up on it. Using the DVM to test the motors. The good one shows 60ohm and the corrosion one shows 30ohm. This can cause over current on the cpb. Looking for the replacement motor now. If anyone knows or has them please let me know. Thanks.

Mow,

How did you remove the big gear the one that has the bearing (the one that is connected to the output shaft). I think the bearing is bad I donā€™t want to damage the assembly trying to remove it. Also do you have the Amazon p/n for the bearing, if not I will search for it.

Thanks

We 3d printed one, not sure how long it will last, there are online companies that will 3d print one for you and they use materials that probably will be ok for this function. The company I saw is igus and they charge about $10 for the gear plus shipping if you give them the 3d file.

Anyone have any luck on finding that gear? Iā€™ve ran into the same issue and cannot seem to find it anywhere. The one with the smaller teeth on the left is the one Iā€™m needing - replacing that would be the fix! Much appreciated

any luck finding this gear? i need the same part to repair my cleaner. thanks for any insight.

I couldnā€™t find it anywhere, all places I found that specialize in gears, the exact match could not be found. Even from the manufacturers of the Robot itself, it was the full motor or nothing. What I ended up doing is buying a replacement of the part of the motor itself that the gear is in and luckily it worked like a charm. There is always a chance the same part might be broken on the used part, but worth a shot and worked for me - good luck: Zodiac V3 4wd V4 VX40, VX50 VX55 Gearbox Motor Drive Polaris 9300 9450 9550 Pool | eBay

HI
I have Polaris 8050 sport robotic cleaner and recently noticed it stop moving, I ha checked the obvious and did not see any issue, however, when i try to move wheels, even though it moves in both direction i found it has some resistance and its making screechy grinding noise. When i put it back in the water it works for some time 10-30 minutes and then it stops. I pull it out of the water , spin/move wheels manually a bit , put it back in the water and it is working again for some time and stops again.
I suspect it has something to do with drive motor or the shaft.
Has anyone experience similar issue? and if i were to replace drive motor, is it something someone already have done it, and any idea where i can get a replacement part (other then Polaris, which they want be to buy entire motor block).
Any suggestions/recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I know that some of these posts are quite old, but for those just joining (in late 2023)ā€¦

Regarding the 41JFS3146 motors referenced throughout this thread, I reached out to the Canadian company, Fluidra, recommended by Ebram in this comment, above, via email on 26 November, 2023. Fludraā€™s very quick reply on 27 November, 2023, was as follows:
ā€œIf the Motor is bad, there is not part for it or for any of the individual component, the whole Motor Block has to be replaced, please. Technical Support Kind Regardsā€

2 Likes

Follow-up from my post, two messages up: I successfully ordered replacement motors from Depanne Robot (who ironically, posted immediately above). The motors currently sell new for $36 each.

[email protected]
2 chemin du Tourail
63500 Le Broc
France

I confirmed that the motors work, but Iā€™m currently in search of a replacement motor block control board, so if anyone knows of a reliable source, please share it.

2 Likes

I actually found your shop but am unable to order from it, it always states the shopping card is empty. Iā€™ve tried different browsers as well. I need the same motor and would like to order! :slight_smile:

Iā€™ve finally just managed to order. I had to do it from my phone though. It just wouldnā€™t work from my laptop, even with different browsers.
Iā€™m in Portugal and just ordered the motor from the link https://depannerobot.fr/produit/moteur-41jfs3146-occasion/

My robot is Zodiac RV4390 TILE

Hello @antunesr ,

Welcome to RobotShop community.

We are sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your robot.

According to the provided link, it seems that you have ordered the motor from a different website.

We hope the issue will be resolved.

Let us know if thereā€™s anything else we can assist you with.

Sincerely,

1 Like

Are there any sources in US?
I just recently had to replace the circuit board on my 9650iq. There were apparent shorts on the board due to a leak.
Not sure if the motors are damanages as well, but even after replacing the circuit board im getting error 10.
I refuse to order a entirely new motor assembly with a not even 3 year old robot.