Robot lawn mower boundary wire booster

I recently purchased a GreenWorks Optimo lawn mower… Installed the boundary wire and started it up… works great except for a dead zone where the mover will at times not receive the signal from the boundary wire. I am pushing the limits of the mower having it cover about a 1/2 acre, which it is supposed to be able to do and does but it appears the single boost is not strong enough at the furthest point from the charge station/where the boundary wires are connected.

I am trying to find a way to add in a booster to my system to deal with the dead spot… I saw on this site the ability to make a signal wire set up… could I use this along with my unit and boost my signal by putting this at the far end of the boundary wire?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ken

Hello @robotshop799 ,

Welcome to RobotShop community.

Please point out which product were you referring to as “signal wire set up” and provide us with further details about your set up.

Awaiting your reply.

Sincerely,

1 Like

Hi Ebram,

Thanks for your response… The signal wire I am talking about is a wire that is pegged in the grass around the perimeter of the area the robot lawnmower cuts the grass. The wire is plugged into the charging station for the mower and sends signal around the perimeter of the yard… The issue is that at one area of my lawn the mower will get stuck because it doesn’t pick up the signal/boundary wire… I’m guessing because the signal at that far point of the lawn has weakened.

I thought that I had seen on your website a kit to build a signal booster… basically a booster that could be installed on the wire at the far end of the yard thus boosting the signal so as to deal with the area of the yard where the mower doesn’t receive
signal.

Thanks,

Ken

Hello @robotshop799 ,

Thank you for your reply.

Are you referring yo this kit:

Sincerely,

Hi Ebram,

Yes, that was the kit… is that something that could be used as a booster? So meaning to tie that into my current set up… I know I would need to match the frequency but it looks like in the info that you can make adjustments.

Thanks,

Ken

Hello @robotshop799 ,

Thank you for your reply.

It should work with you.

Please check this blog for further details:

Sincerely,

Did you ever find a solution for this?