robot dog walk

hi, I could use some help. I am trying to make this robot dog walk.I bought this robot
dog at a yard sale.I am fixing it up for a neighborhood child who can not be around animals,
but wants a dog very badly.I thought this robot dog would make this child very happy.
The robot dog weights right at 48 pounds and is very life like now, but it was not
made to walk. His legs bend so I think it could be done. I am including a link for
any one who can help to be able to see what the dog is like now. I do not
know anything about robotic,but if you are willing to help me, please let me know
what I need in the way of equipement and how to do it

Biscuit the FurReal Electronic Pet Dog
This is Biscuit the FurReal Electronic Pet Dog for children.youtube.com

FurReal Biscuit My Loving Pet by 24studio
Biscuit is a life size golden retriever puppy that responds just like the real thing! He will listen to and follow 6 commands - sit, speak, beg, pant, lie do…youtube.com

video.search.yahoo.com/video/pl … zilla&tt=b

thank you
[email protected]

If the internals of the dog are not meant to have it walk, then there’s not a lot you’ll be able to reuse.
The bigger issue is that the dog weighs 48 pounds, which is a LOT when it comes to legged robots.
You’d be better off designing a new legged robot than reusing that one, or opting for an “intelligent” robot dog:
robotshop.com/en/dasa-robot- … t-dog.html

thank you

Hi,

I could use some help if any one is willing to lend a hand and mind . What We want to do is make this robot dog walk.My daughter bought this robot dog at a yard sale. We are trying to fix it up for a neighbor hood child who can not be around animals,but
wants a dog very badly. We thought this robot dog would make this child very happy. This child in handi-capped (in a wheel chair). He sits in the window most of the time watching the other kids play outside.

The robot dog is very life like now, but it was not designed to walk. I don’t know how much this dog weighs but he is the size of a 3 month puppy. The Dogs legs bend, but I don’t know how much that matters. Our idea was to maybe put some kind of wheels on the bottom of his paws because he is so big. The wheels would make dog move better than trying to get his legs to move up and down(stepping) , an I think I would have to run a rod or wire? down his leg to get power to the legs. I hope I could just connect in some way to his inter board to power the legs? I think I will have to add some kind of a motor?

I hope this is all possible to do. Also because this dog takes 8 “d size batteries”, is it possible to maybe not use D batteries for the power and instead use a batteries out of for a kid riding car?( kind little kids get in and drive). We have one with a working charger. And this dog can go through some batteries quick. yes I know I am asking a lot, but please help if you can. I know with all your brilliant minds and “robotic know how” some one can make this happen. Remember it is for a little kid and in the process I sure am learning a whole lot about robotic…and please be gentle with my bank account, this dog cost me $50.00 all ready, If my idea won’t work and you know what does, please feel free to give me your input. I am including a link for anyone who can help to be able to see what the dog is like now. I do not know anything about robotic,but if you are willing to help me, please let me know what I need in the way of equipment and how to do it.

links:
Biscuit the FurReal Electronic Pet Dog
This is Biscuit the FurReal Electronic Pet Dog for children.youtube.com

FurReal Biscuit My Loving Pet by 24studio
Biscuit is a life size golden retriever puppy that responds just like the real thing! He will
listen to and follow 6 commands - sit, speak, beg, pant, lie do…youtube.com

thank you,
[email protected]

This shipping weight is 11.6 pounds, without the 6x D-cell batteries (0.25 pounds each) = 13.1 pounds total weight.

If you are really new to robotics, then you might just make a non-motorized platform using a block of wood and four caster wheels.
You might even consider placing the dog in a cart and the boy can pull him around.

The dog’s battery bay is likely set up specifically for D-cell batteries, so the best option would be to have the battery be external (especially if you are considering a heavy lead-acid battery from a ride-on car.
You would run the wires to the two terminals on the battery box inside the dog and down to the larger battery. Note that lead acid batteries can be dangerous!

Motorizing the dog would end up being a lot more than $50, so perhaps the ride-on approach would be best.

I would suggest you to take a look at the Zoomer Interactive Puppy as I feel it to be an outstanding toy and one of the best robot dog for my kids as I found it to be a voguish toy that has the capability of learning new. Moreover, owing to the rechargeable aspect that it owns, you just do not have to stress upon interchanging batteries.​

I’d well and truly appreciate if you could kindly please share your feedback. ​:)