Robot arm torque - reg

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][highlight=#e7eaef]Hi,[/highlight][/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][highlight=#e7eaef]I have found the online robot arm calculator from the society of robots website. The link is mentioned below[/highlight][/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][highlight=#e7eaef]"[/highlight][/font]societyofrobots.com/robot_arm_calculator.shtml[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][highlight=#e7eaef]". [/highlight][/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][highlight=#e7eaef]In this calculator, torque of M0 motor is less than the torque of M1 motor When i am giving same acceleration for the both motors. But all the arm weights & motor weights is acting on the M0 motor. So I think that the torque for M0 motor should be higher than the M1 motor. But it is not like that in calculator. [/highlight][/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][highlight=#e7eaef]Is there any principle behind this ? or any formula to find out the torque of the M0 motor ?[/highlight][/font]
robot arm - calculator.jpg

You would need to look at the html to see the equations used. Note that the motor rotating the entire arm (M0) is not under the same load as the others since it’s in a different plane and does not need to fight gravity. M1 at the shoulder is under the greatest load.
You can see the equations used for a static arm here: robotshop.com/blog/en/robot … orial-7152
Their calculator supposedly takes acceleration and inertia into consideration, which would increase the torque needed by each joint.