RMD Motor Programming guide

The links on the product pages are broken, the manufacture website doesn’t have the guide.

Hello @RepeatPassword ,

Welcome to RobotShop community.

Here’s a video to show you how to program the controller with the motors:

Here’s a video to show you how to connect a motor:

If you are searching for a specific series, please let us know and we’ll try to get the guide for you.

Awaiting your reply.

Sincerely,

1 Like

I’m looking for the RS485 programming guide for the RMD-S line. The mfg website only has a sketchy .docx for the RMD-X, nothing on the RMD-S, and the doc that does exist gives insufficient information on the protocol. Nothing on the stop bits or parity, nothing on the CRC encoding. The sample transactions literally omit the CRC result!

ETA: For clarity - there’s a dozen “standard” CRC16 implementations, and half the people who implement them do it differently. Different bit order, different byte order, etc. Without the specific algorithm used and/or a sample output, I don’t think it is physically possible to make this thing run.

Hello @RepeatPassword ,

Thank you for your reply.

In this case, we will forward you to our internal support to help you get in touch with the manufacturer for more information.

You shall receive a reply from them via email shortly.

Sincerely,

1 Like

Uh, no, I don’t particularly want my email given to an overseas vendor?

We will be the connection between you and the vendor.

1 Like

For future readers: No answer or support was provided. The RMD drives are useless without this information. Steer clear.

Hello @RepeatPassword ,

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

We have contacted the manufacturer again just now and are pending a quick response from them.

We’ll get back to you shortly with an answer.

Sincerely,

1 Like

Hi,
I found the programming guide through Wayback machine!

1 Like