Rho

i got the 3pi robot from my friend for yet unspecified time :) so i plan to play with it a bit, put some more sensors on top and as it is usual with my projects make it able to follow line with obstacles course as well as navigate maze. i had to come with some name though and as it will be slightly altered kit i decided to go for the next letter in greek alphabet - Rho.

so far i basically finished work on the pure line following part - robot is able to follow black tape on white surface at the speed of 250 (thanks to the PID with tuned up parameters) as well as look for line, when it is lost. i added video of the speedy line following, no gap on that one though.

TODO HW:
1. buy additional material/parts i need like pin headers i ran out of etc.
2. add sharp distance sensors for detectng obstacle in front and on the side of the robot - both for obstacle avoidance as well as maze wall detection. this involves adding some plate on top of the 3pi to be able to put sensors on it without having to solder it to the board itself.

TODO SW:
1. obstacle detection/passing
2. test/tune for ramp/tunnel/etc
3. maze navigation...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVX4ibpYkIY

offline contest

i tested Rho on the track for offline contest mentioned elswhere on LMR.
here is the video, it captures 3 laps, resulting in approximately 7,46s per lap. i added video to the topmost post.