Requesting help: How to identifying a battery connector

All,

I'm currently in the process of up grading the batteries for my current robot project to use 18650 Li-on batteries. However, the battery holder for the  4 x 18650 does not have a conector such as the one on the alkaline battery holder.

Can someone help me identify the connector?

I'm not sure if the connector is a Fut J, JST, BEC, etc.

Thanks in advance. 

in every pc.

Awesome. Thanks for the

Awesome. Thanks for the replies fellas.  

@Duane - that Pololu link seems to be what I need. Much appreciated.  

@Dannyv - thanks for the pic…kinda felt dumb for sec because I realized it’s truly nothing more than a housing to fit onto the pins LOL. Thanks for showing me the obvious…I tend to overthink things sometimes.

This is actually for a uni course. The robot is based off of this one here  http://www.digilentinc.com/Products/Detail.cfm?NavPath=2,403,1135&Prod=SRK-LINE

However, the brains are actually controlled by an HCS12 Freescale chip via the “TOWER” kit http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=TWR-S12G128

@6677 - Hey :slight_smile: That was my

@6677 - Hey :slight_smile: That was my initial thought - to just go ahead and repurpose the connector for my needs. However, I just wanted to know the connector type. It didnt dawn on me until after I saw Dannyv’s pic that it was nothing more than a shroud to fit onto the pins… :) 

I went ahead, ordered some of the connector housings and crimped wires as suggested by Duane.

Pololu is awesome. The order already shipped. 

Pin + and pin -

The connector it’s just two regular female pins. Check if red is really + by applying current to a led with a resistance if necessary

@Silux - interesting. I’ll

@Silux  - interesting. I’ll have to test for that, never knew that issue could arise. Thanks for the info :slight_smile:

@Duane - I received my shipment and what you linked was “exactly” what I needed. Thanks again Sir. Much appreciated :slight_smile: