Recharging batteries with Wild Thumper Controller

Maybw it's a dumb question, but i'm afraid to "burn" the circuit :D.

I have a ni-mh array (7.2v total) in +Bat/-Bat. Works fine...

May I use a 12v SLA Batery CONTINUOUSLY(never unplug, even when motors running) in the 2A recharge socket to recharge the 7.2v array?

And the motor controller run at +bat/-bat voltage, or the recharge socket make influence in output voltage for motors?

Thanks.

Hy OddBot.Yes, is

Hy OddBot.

Yes, is inefficient: I think the batery will flatten in 20 minutes of use whithout the SLA plugged in, includding the wi-fi camera always on (about 1A).

Don’t know if you saw my prototype(before I bought the Wild Thumper 6wd and the controller), just jump to 1:20:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epDz-fiT9g4

Thinking about “final aplication”, the robot will stay far for me during all the week, in my “weekend caban”, in the middle of nowhere (but stil, has internet connection :D).

And the SLA has a huge charge capacity. So, I thing if I use the robot about 15 min once or twice a day, with the SLA I can see the house yard untill I return to place in the weekend and replace/recharge the SLA.

Yes, I may use a bigger 7.2v battery instead this bizarre configuration I ask, but it was just for curiosity about the possibility.

I may put a large 7.2 batery and make a “dock station” to the robot return to charge by hinself, but I don’t reach that level of project skill yet :D. I just beginning to play with these things.

I saw you design this board, it’s a very cool thing!

Thanks.