Raspberry Pi Zero W Wlan0

Hi!

I require your help regarding a problem I’m encountering.

Raspberry Pi Zero W is able to identify and connect to wi-fi networks. I was able to change it and make him able to create his own wi-fi. Now I need to make it possible for the user to be able to choose between one and the other freely. How can I do that?:

Raspberry Pi Zero W:

Linux:

Troubleshooting steps already taken:

Additional information:

Thank you so much in advance for your help!

Hi @imtz !

If I understand you clearly, you want the user of the raspberry pi to easily switch from being a hotspot and being connected to your Wi-Fi? Is that correct?

Hello Magnator,

That is correct. But I want only me to be able to switch between those functionalities.

I want to be able to make Raspberry connect to the internet when I need to get inside him in order to change the contents I’d like to make it available for when other users want to download it from my Raspberry later, when I leave it only with his own created wi-fi.

Best Regards,

Hello @imtz,

Do you mean using some form of authentication, such as a password or special command?

If I understand this correctly the RPi would be in hot spot mode by default, offering some form of content. While in mode you need to be able to change it so that it connects to a specific WiFi (your “Internet”) so that you can modify the content?

Sincerely,

Hi scharette,

Yes, you got it right.
Best Regards,

Well, you will most likely need to setup your RPi to be a hot spot but also be listening for that special command or password. From there, you’ll need to code extra software that will run on the RPi to change between that setup and the “connected” state.
You’ll have to do some research on how to do this from the RPi & the OS your are using.