Sorry guys, I forgot to mention it earlier!
As you probably know, the Raspberry Pi Foundation brought out the new Raspberry Pi Model B+ recently.
I got my hands on it mid-July, and after torture testing it wrote a rather large review.
Summary of the major changes made by the Model B+
- 40 pin GPIO header (was 26 pins)
- 4 USB 2.0 ports (was one (A) or two (B))
- micro SD card socket (was full size SD slot)
- Switching voltage regulation (was linear)
- Improved audio quality due to separate audio low noise power supply
- Improved board layout
- Ethernet & USB connectors stick out less
- replaced RCA video connector with combined video/audio 3.5mm 4 signal jack
- four proper mounting holes in a nice rectangular pattern
- rounded corners for little fingers
I really like the new B+ and recommend it.
FYI: RoboPi works great on the B+ !!!
Read my full review for all the gritty details...