Radio/remote multiple Servo/DC motor control

I’m very new to the realm of robotics control, however I have been into RC for over a decade, so I understand the basics of 3 wire servo control. I’m building a diy crane truck and need to control either servo style 3 wire or dc 2 wire linear actuators for the stabilizing outriggers, as well as ideally a winch mounted on an attached trailer and it’s lift legs. I’m looking at minimum 5 channels (2 outriggers, a spreader for them, the trailer winch, and trailer lift legs. 2 more outriggers would be visually appealing but ultimately not necessary and may not even fit on the chassis.
If there is a solution that has even more channels than the 5/7, controlling the crane from the same controller would be spectacular. It currently has its own standalone rx/tx and what I assume is a logic board inside the base, though I have not opened it up yet. These assumptions are from the 2 wire sets that come out the bottom. A 2 wire power plug with a JST end, and a 3 wire the ends in a Futaba connector for the tiny rx. I believe it has 5 channels as well based on it’s function count.
All of these would need momentary style switches as I don’t believe they have adjustable endpoints. I am not averse to making it remote control either, I have plenty of space to install some sort of jack, whether it USB, RJ45, etc. I however would like said remote/radio to be fairly small and not another full size stick radio or massive control box so I can carry it with me in the woods. Large cargo pocket sized at most?
The truck itself has a 6 channel remote but between front and rear steer, drive, its front bumper winch, axle lockers, and the trailer bogie steer, all those channels are taken. So two controllers to run everything would be the best I can hope for.

Also I guess some electrical specs are in order. The truck and trailer will both have onboard 3s lipo batteries with low current alarms, and the trailer a voltage meter readout disguised as a welder. The crane as it is requires 5v, so I will be feeding it though a voltage adjustable BEC, as well as the truck’s Rx. The steer servos, winch, etc. are all 3s direct power. Each major circuit group (the truck’s ESC and servos, lights, the crane, and the outrigger system) will all have inline kill switches to fully power off the truck, but be able to run each system independently to save battery. I haven’t bought any linear actuators yet so I’m open to either control style.
Oh, and anything requiring programming will likely require a bit of handholding, ha!

TYIA.

Chris

@Jeepy84 Welcome to the RobotShop Community. RC transmitters are not limited to 6 or 7 channels as you can see here:

A high value 12 channel:

However beyond that, you’ll need to delve into custom programming, which needs the following:

Many users here have created their own custom handheld remote controls, but that’s likely beyond what you’re looking to do. It sounds like the easiest would be to opt for 2x 12 channel.