Question with Kondo KHR-3HV

Dear RobotShop Team

Recently we acquired a Kondo KHR-3HV at my university and we wanted to assemble it, but we didn’t had batteries. So we used an External Power Supply calibrated to the proper voltage to use it. We successfully set the servos’s origin with this method and the ICS 3.5 Manager and we assembled it successfully. But, once assembled, and wanting to test the projects in the HeartToHeart4 Software, we get an error message which reads “Connection failed, confirm com port connection”. The USB and the Robot wire interface are correctly connected, and the connection between our External Power Supply and the control board is correct too, and only passes the required voltage. All servos seem to be in order and we confirmed that they still work when using the ICS Manager. We checked that the COM port number, as well as the COM baudrate and ICS baudrate are correct. But when I clicked the “ram” button, I got this error. What can we do? We did notice that, once connected, the RCB-4HV only lights up its LED lights once and then, they go off.

I hope you can help us solve this problem. Thank you in advance.

Best regards

We see you have also contacted us via the support center and have replied there.

Hey, how did you end up solving this problem? Thanks!

nevermind I figured it out!

1. You have to set the DUAL USB ADAPTER’s switch to “SERIAL”
  2. When you are in the Heart to Heart software, even though by default it appears the baud rate is selected to 1250000, you have to select it again. So, click on a different baud rate and then manually select “1250000” again and it should work.

As a side note, the LEDs on the RCB-4HV (and the servos) turn on for a quick moment when you turn on the power and then the LEDs immediately shut off automatically. This appears normal, as the LEDs do not remain on during operation.

2 Likes

Hi,

Are any of you in the UK?

Looking for fellow KHR-3KV owners.

Thanks

1 Like

coolarj10

thank you for this tip… you saved my life. i was stuck forever on this

2 Likes

Glad it worked out for you!! Enjoy!

1 Like