Question on a h-bridge circuit I found on this page

Hello everyone,

well, I´m pretty new to this community and I hope this post is not too dumb in your eyes. I´m more at home when it comes to computers but as soon as I get into contact with circuits and means to make a computer sense the "real world", I thought about giving it the opportunity to drive around next to other actions. In fact I´m trying my best to deal with microcontrollers and learn by doing.

As I try to keep this new hobby as cheap as possible I´m soldering many circuits on my own and found this page. To make my "robot" drive around, I decided to use mosfet-hbridges. I already tried rather simple ones, which work quite well, but I´m more interested in a circuit, which exceeds my knowledge at the moment.

It´s a circuit by a user named odd-bot https://www.robotshop.com/letsmakerobots/node/18633

I dont wanna ask all my newbie questions by commenting, so I picked the forum.

As I´m soldering through-hole (I replaced the bc847 with a non-smd transistor, which will do fine except for high frequencies...i dont mind) my h-bridge will be split into three/four 16cmx10cm plates as I´m lacking space (or better solder-techniques...)

Well...the question about this circuit is probably pretty simple, but I just wanna make sure it´s ok as all my breadboards are in use right now - so I´m soldering right away:

Can I leave out the bottom part of the circuit, which is related to the current-sensing? The bottom-(left) part is the one starting with the third capacitor on the left up to the fuse on the right side - excluding the 4,7k resistor in the middle, which is related to the upper part.

I want to put the current-sensing circuit on a dedicated plate due to the heat-problem, since I´ll be using two 0,1 resistors for a shunt, and next to this I´ve no space left on the plate.

Will this work? 

Hope someone can help a newbie.

deleted