Question about motor controller

Hello all, I have had my Rover for a while now and have learned a lot from it but am still new to robotics. I was impressed with how easy the bluetooth module worked with the Rover and the app shown in the tutorial. I understand that the Rover uses pins 5,6,7,8 for speed and direction of the motor and is easily seen in the sample code.

I would like to apply what I learned from the motor shield on the Rover to another motor shield (Seeed Studio V2.1). The difference is that the Seeed motor shield says it uses pins 8,9,10,11,12,13. There are 4 screw terminals on this shield named out1, out2, out3, out4 and the manual says D8 goes out1, D9 - enable of channel 0, D10 - enable of channel 1, D11 to out2, D12 to out3, D13 to out4.

If I use the same sample sketch for the Rover bluetooth control and want to change the pins so that it works with the Seeed shield…which ones would I use? There are only 4 pins assigned to the motor on the Rover, but 6 on most motor shields that I have seen. I apologize if any of this is confusing and any help is appreciated. thanks

Can you provide a link to the specific shield? Do you mean the BLE shield?
robotshop.com/en/seeed-ble-s … o-v21.html
Just ensure the pins don’t overlap. You select which pins on the shield you want to use (you don’t use all of them, just two).

I am actually referring to the motor controller shield in the link below
robotshop.com/en/motor-shiel … duino.html

From what I understand the built in motor controller on the Rover uses pins 5,6,7,8 and I can easily see how this works with the sample code for WASD/bluetooth and the app. The DC motors are connected to the M1 and M2 screw terminals on the right and left side of the Rover board and pins 5-8 are used in the code to declare what they will do.

[code]int E1 = 6; //M1 Speed Control
int E2 = 5; //M2 Speed Control
int M1 = 8; //M1 Direction Control
int M2 = 7; //M2 Direction Control

void setup(void)
{
int i;
for(i=5;i<=8;i++)
pinMode(i, OUTPUT);
Serial.begin(9600);
Serial.println(“setup”);
}[/code]

Now for the seeed studio motor shield which uses:

8 - out1
9 - enable of channel 0
10 - enable of channel 1
11 - out2
12 - out3
13 - out4

The 4 screw terminals on the seeed motor shield are all on the front and labeled out1-out4. I know that I need to connect red/black wire of the DC motors into the 4 screw terminals. So…which 4 pins on the shield can I use in the code to declare the speed/direction. Im not sure what pins 9,10 are for? Can I use the same code that is from the Rover bluetooth tutorial and upload it to my arduino/seeed motor shield except of course I would edit out the 5,6,7,8 for the int = and put in the correct pins for the seeed motor shield.

The sample code provided by the manufacturer requires a library.
More information here: wiki.seeed.cc/Motor_Shield_V2.0/

[code]// Demo function:The application method to drive the DC motor.
// Author:Loovee ([email protected])
// 2016-3-11

#include “MotorDriver.h”

MotorDriver motor;

void setup()
{
// initialize
motor.begin();
}

void loop()
{
motor.speed(0, 100); // set motor0 to speed 100