Puppy - 3d printed

Hello,
this is my last robotic project after 8 years on this forum and my first 3d printed project.
There is not much dog on the net. So, I decided to try to make one.
I liked the size of I-SoDog and G-Dog

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://community.robotshop.com/robots/show/puppy-3d-printed
1 Like

Hello @robotical ,

I’m glad to see you in the forum after a long time. What a creative project, I like it a lot. Do you have a video where you can see how it works? :grin:

Is that a Lynxmotion bracket I see in the neck? Would be great to see you use some smart servos for some added intelligence. What CAD program are you using?

thanks a lot. The only video I have at this time is a ik video test with cardboard. I’ll order hitec-85bb next week. 3 leg are printed at this time, the head, body and tail :frowning:

1 Like

I plead guilty. 35mm long. Fusion 360(after 15 days I design it as you can see. For the head, it’s not perfect at this time but I discover the program)
I don’t know how smart servo works…I had planned to had a PIR sensor but problem with design.
I have KurtE’s phoenix code and Ironwolf from Innerbreed. I hope a mix between both for the code and maybe a SD Card for sound like aibo and read much step in sequence

Sorry for my mistakes, I hope you can understand what I try to tell

some progress

nose has a PIR sensor. I had to redesign the head.

Puppy do a headstand

I plan to add a DFPlayer mini mp3 or TmrPCM library to play some sound and 2 led

sit up and beg

TODO:
I trim the remote Kurte code for xbee to arduino nano with hc05 and hc06 but I’ve a problem to decode the transmit data.Test with another code, Remote great+receiver, works.
In serial, when I add bDataOffset = 5 on the receiver, I receive data. not in bluetooth…

I tested the keypad and two Joystick. The receiver has a problem too. First row of the keypad don’t work…

remove “.pde”
Remote.ino.pde (20.5 KB)

rcv.ino.pde (15.4 KB)

I tested the serial on the remote :

Also, I use a bin file to maintain all sequence. I need an additional EEPROM

BIN.ino.pde (2.4 KB)

I find the error in Kurte code(remote part). abPH[3]=0x1 must be 0x81

void SendXBeePacket(byte bPHType, byte cbExtra, byte *pbExtra)
{

// We need to setup the xbee Packet
abPH[3]=0x1;

Works on nano

1 Like

a new trick. I simulate Balance mode in Kurt E. code.

https://youtu.be/i9Lii0NPRWY

I don’t understand how to set up servos and adapt the code to my dog. A tutorial on X , Y Z plane will be great and some trigonometric relation to the code

I remove coxa and some other things to work on nano and with my dog. I was in trouble with class in c code. The reason why one file. The leg don’t want to put itself as I want

A-Pod.pde (74.9 KB)

Original xbee arduino hexapod code is here

Hehe @0:20… well done!
Honestly not sure if the Phoenix code can be adapted easily since the leg design is different, therefore the walking gait is different.

I use Ironwolf gait from Innerbreed.
some progress: https://youtu.be/e8532R9r0js

need to adjust right leg

void Gait (byte GaitCurrentLegNr)
{

//Optional half heigth front
if ( (NrLiftedPos >= 2) && (
(GaitStep == (GaitLegNr[GaitCurrentLegNr] + 1) || (GaitStep == (GaitLegNr[GaitCurrentLegNr] - (StepsInGait - 1))) )) &&
GaitInMotion) {
GaitPosX[GaitCurrentLegNr] = TravelLengthX / 2;
GaitPosY[GaitCurrentLegNr] = -LegLiftHeight / (HalfLiftHeigth + 1);

//GaitPosZ[GaitCurrentLegNr] = TravelLengthZ / 2;

if ( (TravelLengthZ<-cTravelDeadZone) && (TravelLengthX >= -cTravelDeadZone && TravelLengthX <= cTravelDeadZone) ){
        if (GaitCurrentLegNr==0 || GaitCurrentLegNr==2)
            GaitPosZ[GaitCurrentLegNr] = TravelLengthZ*12 ;
        else
            GaitPosZ[GaitCurrentLegNr] = -TravelLengthZ*8;

}else
      GaitPosZ[GaitCurrentLegNr] = TravelLengthZ / 2;

}

That help coxa to move a bit. Next video

Hi @robotical

What was the last update? :slight_smile:

Thank you.

hi,
it’s not an update .
I have just modified introudction text.

1 Like

Cool, thanks :slight_smile:

Hello @robotical !

We noticed the videos above weren’t available anymore - and were looking to know if it would be possible to put them up again? :slight_smile:

Thank you so much!

1 Like