Ps2 controller flashing

When I turn it on, the green and red LEDs flash, not steady. Changed batteries still happens

1 Like

Please show a picture of the receiver and its connections. Make sure everything is visible in the picture and add annotation for clarity if needed.

P.-S.: You can add pictures (and other files) to your post with this icon:
Or you can simply paste them in the post directly while you edit it (as I did with this image).

1 Like

Mine is a wireless PS2, so not sure how a pic would help.

Please post a link of your product (seller page or product page) so I know which PS2 controller you are using. As you may already know, there are a ton of clones so I’d need more info first.

Also, what are you connecting that PS2 controller to?

1 Like

It is a “Cytron PS2 Shield for Arduino” i.e. came with a Cytron shield. It was doing this intermittently at first, I changed the batteries and now lights flash all the time, no steady LED.
Connecting wirelessly to the Cytron shield that is direcly mounted on the Arduino board.

2 Likes

Does the shield LED for PWR & Status ever blink or turn on?

When I plug the USB cable, the green PWR light turns on, the status light does not

1 Like

Hi @beatsal!

You also received an email from manufacturer. Please reply.

1 Like

I replied, awaiting their reply

1 Like

So far, no luck with this problem, answered a few questions on this forum and also from manuf. but to no avail

1 Like

Hey @beatsal!

Manufacturer should be able to help you! If they determine that it is defective, then device can be exchanged, depending on warranty situation.

Please reply to my post about the flashing LEDs… Also another member asked me about the PWR and status LEDs, I replied and then silence!

Still no reply from this forum on:

PS2 2 LEDs keep flashing and not steady
The LLD Amber light on the PS2 SHIELD does not light, only the green one does.

1 Like

Hey @beatsal!

Did you get reply from manufacturer regarding this topic?

Maybe @scharette can help?

No. Also nothing from @scharette

I strongly recommend consulting with the manufacturer on this one since you are already in contact with them and it is one of their shields.

That being said, this is also assuming the PS2 controller and receiver are in working order and not damaged/the cause of the issue. @beatsal Do you have something else you can test the controller/receiver with?

@igor_X
Maybe this needs to be moved to a support ticket and have someone help move it along internally (comm with manufacturer)?

1 Like