Protocuri

Basically a micromouse. I have been working on this for quite a while and recently made a large step. I've drawn up the circuit diagram on the pcb and ready to send for fabrication. I still need some final checks though. 

I based my design heavily on "decimus' which is a winning micromouse in Uk and also on "min6" (mostly only the motor control part) which is a very renowned micromouse in japan which is extremely prestigeous.

The robot will be based on the dspic30f6015. Never used them before though. It will mainly be programmed in C with the pickit2.

It uses 6 sensors to sense forward, sidewards and diagonally. It uses the tsl262r. 

The motor used would be the faulhaber 2224 or 1724 I ordered the 1717 motor which is i think the most suitable for this project. Running on 6v. They have built in quadrature encoders which is counted with an external chip. 

As for the pcb design. I manually routed it. Eagle's autorouter system sucks. I am however concerned about voltage drop when the motors run. I don't fully understand how I should tackle that issue. My grounds and +ve are all over the place. hmmm.... Also in decimus and min6, they have a split supply : avdd and avss. I really do not know how to achieve that. 

I will probably be able to solder up everything by next week and do some basic programming. I'll be on holiday for about 2 weeks after that. Hope there is nothing wrong with the circuit either. Thats all I have so far. Will post some pics when I really get down to the physical stuff. Kudos!

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://community.robotshop.com/robots/show/protocuri

Love to see the picture, but

Love to see the picture, but you can’t use TIFF file format. Stick to JPG

TIFF? no wonder I don’t see

TIFF? no wonder I don’t see anything here~

Nice cloaking device !

Nice cloaking device !

sorry guys. I just got up,

sorry guys. I just got up, will change it now. Anw, its just the pcb design, dont get too excited!

nice job.

nice job.