ProtoBoticKit: Empowering Creators in the Robot Revolution

Hello, all robotics enthusiasts!

II’m Stobf, and I’m here to ignite your passion for robots and unveil my dream: crafting a universal robotics construction kit, opening the doors of robotics to all!

I want to make robotics accessible to everyone, inviting anyone with a dream to join me on this thrilling journey!

Ever since I can remember, my childhood was immersed in the era of Terminator, RoboCop, Transformers cartoons, and Star Wars. From a young age, I was captivated by the futuristic worlds depicted in these movies. The idea of robots, cyborgs, and space adventures fueled my imagination and ignited my passion for technology and innovation… My thoughts were always immersed in the future, where robots became part of our everyday life, helping people solve complex tasks and evolving alongside us.

My love for robotics grew with me. I was fascinated by every new technology, every new invention in this field. Over time, this passion turned into a desire to create my own robot, to feel part of this exciting world.

When the time came to realize my dream, I felt some disappointment. Despite the existence of various construction kits and sets for robotics on the market, I faced a lack of full-fledged, accessible, and universal solutions for my ideas. Many existing constructors did not provide convenient integration with microcontrollers and sensors, limiting my possibilities and innovative potential.

Thus was born the idea to create something new, something that could meet the needs of engineers, hobbyists, and creators around the world. My passion for robots turned into a drive that pushes me forward in developing ProtoBoticKit - a constructor that is intended to be the key to creative possibilities in robotics.

During the development of ProtoBoticKit, I faced a number of challenges and obstacles, the biggest of which was my lack of specialized education and experience in robotics. My profession and occupation were barely related to modern technologies, engineering, or programming. This created significant difficulties in mastering the complex aspects of robot construction and the use of microcontrollers.

The task I set for myself was formidable: to create a constructor that would be accessible and understandable even to schoolchildren who are just beginning their journey into the world of robotics. My lack of deep knowledge in programming, robotics, and electronics was a major obstacle, but it did not stop me.

Throughout my life, I have always been in search of knowledge and open to learning. The more I studied robotics, the more I understood that it is an infinite world that is constantly evolving. The more I learned, the more I wanted to make my contribution to this field, to make it more accessible and understandable to everyone. ProtoBoticKit became my response to these challenges. And it’s more than just a set of parts. It’s a key to endless possibilities and creative discoveries. For me, this kit is like a crystal ball that opens the door to the world of robotics for anyone who wants to explore it.

My biggest dream is to make robotics accessible to everyone, regardless of their level of knowledge and experience. I see in my project the opportunity to create a basic kit that will allow anyone to build their own robot - be it a spider, a dog, or a humanoid - without unnecessary difficulties and complications.

My kit is designed to help everyone unleash their potential in robotics, to teach and provide tools for turning ideas into reality. This is my dream - to build the future together with you, one robot at a time.

Dear friends!

I would like to invite you to join the development process of my project - ProtoBoticKit. Your participation, feedback, and support are extremely important for my success.

I am open to any ideas, suggestions, and questions from the Reddit community. I believe in the power of collective creative thinking, and I am confident that together we can make ProtoBoticKit even better.

Your feedback will help me understand the needs and expectations of users and improve my product accordingly. We can discuss new ideas, corrections, development opportunities, and any other aspects that interest you.

I invite you to join the discussion and become part of our community. Together, we can create something truly great and important for the development of robotics.

Thank you for your attention and support!

P/S Your support means a lot to me!

Best regards, Stobf

1 Like

Hello, fellow robot enthusiasts! I’m thrilled to share my progress in developing the battery holder for the 18650 battery, designed for the ProtoBoticKit. The design is still evolving, but I’m eager to hear your thoughts on the concept of such a battery holder and its integration possibilities with other parts of the kit. Additionally,

Looking forward to hearing your feedback and suggestions!

1 Like

Hi @Stobf and welcome to our forum!

Your project looks amazing :slight_smile:

I’ve subscribed to your YouTube channel so I get to see more videos of this robot :slight_smile:

Hello friends, thank you for your support. It means a lot to me and motivates me to further develop and improve the constructor. Here are some photos of the progress. Recently, I managed to develop new parts responsible for mounting the XT-30 power connector, the switch button holder, and improved the 18650 battery holder. Additionally, there is already a ready-made part for mounting a standard prototype board.

1 Like

Great progress.

Keep those photos and videos coming :slight_smile:

How much did this build cost you so far?

Thank you.

Thanks for your interest and encouragement!

I’m glad you’re enjoying the progress updates. As for the cost of this build so far, I’m happy to say that it’s been quite affordable. Here’s a breakdown of the major components:

Four-legged robot with two servos per leg: The servos and other mechanical parts were relatively inexpensive.
Head rotation servo: This added an additional component to the overall cost.
HC-SR04 sensor: This sensor was quite affordable.
Two 18650 batteries: These batteries were reasonably priced.
Voltage regulators: I used three voltage regulators for powering the servos.
M3 screws and Arduino Nano: These hardware components were also budget-friendly.
Plastic materials: The cost of plastic filament for printing the robot parts was minimal.

In total, the build has been cost-effective. Considering the quality and functionality of the robot, I’m quite pleased with the affordability of this project. All the components are readily available and budget-friendly, making it accessible for anyone interested in building a similar robot.

Additionally, I’ve attached some new photos showcasing the robot fully assembled with the installed batteries. I’ve also integrated a neon spider into the construction to simulate the heartbeat, symbolizing life within the kit.

If you have any more questions or would like further details, feel free to ask! Thanks again for your interest and support.

1 Like

I wanted to share some exciting plans for the future of my robotics project. As it stands, this robot will evolve and grow into a larger spider with enhanced capabilities. I’m curious to see just how big of a robot I can build using the ProtoBoticKit. However, I’m currently facing challenges with programming the sketch, as I’m not much of a programmer myself.

The construction process is taking longer than anticipated because I’m spending a lot of time tweaking the sketch to make it move. Nevertheless, I’m determined to overcome these obstacles and bring this vision to life.

Stay tuned for updates on the evolution of this robot and the progress with programming. Your support and encouragement mean a lot to me, especially during these challenging moments.

Thanks for being a part of this journey!

1 Like

Looking forward to it :slight_smile: