Projects for Beginners

Hi, I am currently searching for a new Hobby and was always interested in robotics. I’m working as Developer, but have no expirience with robotics at all. Can you suggest me any Products which would give me an Opportunity to get into Robotics? I’ll be happy about every Advice for complete Beginners too of course. I am mostly interested in robots, which mimic human/animal behaviour, can roam free or complete simple tasks. There is a robotic “Cat” in the shop that caught my eye, but im not sure it would be a good start.

1 Like

Hi @Copper and welcome to our forum!

We are glad to hear about your new interest in robotics.

Petoi Nybble is a very good and interesting product but there are others, so we can help you find these.

Maybe you can answer these questions which would help:

• Where are you located?
  • You mentioned that you are a developer. Which programming languages are you using?
  • Any experience with mechanics?
  • What is your budget for this project?

Thank you.

1 Like

Hi @igor_X ,
thanks for helping me. I’m glad I got such a quick response.
The information you aksed for:

• Programming languages: Java, Javascript(Jquery), Python, PHP, C, CSS, SQL and for markdown HTML. I have most experience with Javascript, but im also open for learning a new one from scratch.
  • I have no experience with mechanics besides a little bit of general knowledge which most people would have.
  • The maximum budget would be between 300 and 400 Euro, but it does not need to cost that much.

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask me.

Best regards.

1 Like

Hi @Copper ,

Thank you for your reply.

Python is widely used and accepted in robotics field, so I think that should be your approach.

Since you looked at the Petoi Cat, maybe also other products from this manufacturer can be interesting for you (some of these are on a SALE): Petoi - RobotShop

Also I think this XGO Quadruped robot would be interesting for you: ELECFREAKS micro:bit XGO Quadruped Robot Kit (EU) - RobotShop

It fits your price range, and it uses micro:bit so you can programm in Python.

Hi @igor_X ,

I will look into that. You really helped me a lot, thank you
and have a nice day.

Best regards.

1 Like

You are welcome.

Have a nice day too.