Problem Uploading Sketches to Robot Shop Rover V2

My son had the Robot Shop Rover V2 (product code RB-Rbo-33) for Christmas. We have built the model carefully following the youtube instructions.

Following completion of the model, my son connected his laptop, installed the Arduino drivers and tried to upload “example 2” from the manual and he has also tried other examples from the manual and the Arduino program.

Each time he receives the error “avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00” and the program is not uploaded.

After looking at various forums, he made sure the correct COM port was selected, and that the Arduino Uno was selected as the board. He has also tried a number of USB leads and tried both on a PC and his laptop but all that happens is the blue LEDs and red power LED light up and the and the laptop/PC acknowledges that the device is connected but it will not upload any programmes to the Rover.

The Rx LED flashes when he tries to upload a program but the Tx does not. He has also tried holding the reset button and letting go when the program starts to upload several times but this also has not worked.

Please can somebody help,
Thank You

We have followed the instructions in the link updating the drivers and it still gives the same error “avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00”.

I am having the same problem with my V2 bot also and i have tryed everything to get it to sync. Just like pstinno the Rx LED flashes when he tries to upload a program but the Tx does not. He has also tried holding the reset button and letting go when the program starts to upload several times but this also has not worked. Also i have try just loading a simple program of:
void setup(){}
void loop(){}
and nothing has changed. ???

I had these issues too, what helped me was to remove everything from the board except the USB wire.

I just wanted to point out that I’ve been having the same problem connecting my Rover v2 to Arduino running on Ubuntu Linux. However, it works without a hitch when I connect to Arduino on my Mac. The Arduino IDE has been giving me all kinds of driver trouble on Linux, even though its supposed to work without configuration.
Others having this issue might want to try different versions of the IDE on different OS’s and report back results…

The Arduino Uno board on which the V2 is based actually needs the drivers to be installed manually:
Step 4: arduino.cc/en/Guide/Windows

This should solve your issue.

It’s certainly a communication issue. Before we proceed with an exchange:

• Disconnect everything from the board and ONLY plug in the USB cable
  • Try a different USB cable, different USB port and (if possible) different computer
  • Ensure you have the right COM port selected and UNO as the board type

If these do not work, please contact us via the support center with your invoice number and a link to this thread indicating you have a defective PCB. We apologize for any inconvenience.

General questions:

]Did you select the right COM port in the Arduino software?/:m]
]Did you select the right board (V1/1.5 = Duamilanove, V2=Uno)?/:m]
]Did you disconnect everything except the USB plug and try to upload a simple sketch?/:m]

Be sure to follow the installation procedure for MAC here step by step:
arduino.cc/en/Guide/HomePage
For Windows, it’s important to follow the Windows procedure step by step.

So what is the current status? Is the board working normally?

What error are you getting? Please refer to the user guide (troubleshooting section at the bottom) to indicate which step you ended up on. As always, you need to download and install the custom drivers from the Arduino website - the board will not work without them. Once this is done, please disconnect everything from the PCB itself (bare PCB only), connect the USB cable only, load the basic program described here, select the right board and COM port and try to upload.

Please confirm the following:

• You have MANUALLY installed the Arduino Uno drivers as per the instructions on the Arduino website and the computer recognizes the board as an Arduino under Device Manager?
  • You have disconnected all accessories (motors, battery etc) from the PCB and only have the USB cable plugged in
  • Within the Arduino software, you have selected the correct COM port
  • You have tried to upload the simple sample sketch:

void setup(){}
void loop(){}

We await your reply.

This is a communication issue. Try re-installing the Uno drivers and try to connect the board to a different USB port.

Ok. Contact us via the RobotShop Support Center (exchanges / returns dept) and include your invoice number.

RobotShop.com -> Contact Us (top right) -> Support Center -> Submit a Ticket -> Exchanges / Returns

Hope this helps.

all done, but the board worked for a couple of days. first i didn’t even notice because i was refining my sketch so i thought it still worked but when i added a new feather it kept the old sketch the whole time.

regards joris lammers

i got the same problem too and done all of what you just said
greez,

Thanks but its still not working the only thing it says is that it is uploaded. But then there is this error down in the error box “avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x30”. I have reset the board with nothing attached to it except for the usb cable. then i uploaded the sketch again but still this error appears.

please can somebody help,
Thank You

done nothing happened still the same problem is it possible on mac to i’m on a mac right now.
I already tried it on a windows but it didn’t work on the windows.

thanks,
joris

no still the same error :frowning:.

thanks,
joris Lammers