Polymorphing a Webcam

Today I decided that my Logitech QuickCam Communicate STX webcam needs upgrades. I got the camera, some polymorph, plumber's tape, hot glue and couple of servos. Let's see what we get when we put those together.

Ooops! I forgot to take a picture of the original camera. If you have never seen a Logitech QuickCam Communicate STX webcam there's some pictures of it at least here. There's might be some pics at Logitech site too but since this is a discontinued model they could be hard to find.

Let's take polymorph and plumber's tape first. Add those two together and you get this:

camera_pan_tilt_01_small.jpg

Polymorph plus plumber’s tape equals weird thingy

Add two servos, more plumber’s tape and hot glue and it looks like this:

Oh and there’s a nut and a bolt too!

Place that onto the original stand and this is what you get:

Hot glue makes it stand on the stand

Then put the camera to its place and you’re done:

Side view

Looking up

camera_pan_tilt_06_small.jpg

Looking down

camera_pan_tilt_07_small.jpg

The other side

Front view

I did some modifications to my LMR soccer bot control demo and polymorphed it to a camera controller. Now I have a nice pan tilt camera. I must say this is the best toy I’ve had in a very long time :slight_smile:

Last but not least, remember kids: Safety first when using hot glue or your little finger will look like this:

Hot glue wanted a piece of my little finger.

That’s all folks. Sorry for the lack of text but in this case I think pictures speak for themselves.

Nice! :slight_smile:

Nice! :slight_smile:

what did you use the

what did you use the plumbers tape for?  I cant see it.

and what did you make the bracket out of?