PLEASE HELP custom motorized Kayak/Hobie cart

Its not a “robot” by definition but shares some of the same parts I guess. I am building an RC controlled motorized kayak cart with 2 power wheels 24v motors and gearboxes. I need help with the RC and electrical setup as I dont have much experience with it but can follow a diagram. It should be very simple I only need/want forward/reverse no steering but I would prefer a small controller similar to a car key fob but willing to go a little bigger if needed but smaller the better. I also want some type of speed control so it doesnt go any faster than normal walking pace. it is a 3 wheel design so I plan on keeping one hand on the steering handle and one to control the remote. Can someone please supply a complete list of all parts needed and sometype of wiring diagram for the components. Simpler the better I dont have a lot of space onboard for a ton of electronics gear and since I will be taking the remote with me on the kayak to help limit theft as the cart will be left on a public beach. so basically as small and simple as possible.