Phoenix code : default leg position

Hello guys !

I am a newbie enthusiast in the DIY robot assembly.
I recently purchased a kit similar to the old phantomX on ebay, an SSC-32 a PS2 adaptor and a botboarduino from here, and hoped to make it worked.

After a lot of reading and forum crawling, I have a lot of things working :slight_smile:

The phoenix code is booting up, my PS2 is linked, I have a motion that seems to be okay… but, the tibias are way to up, and I cannot understand where I can force them to go down, hence touching the floor :roll_eyes:

At the moment, I need to elevate at the maximum my hexapod for it to be able to walk.
On a related topic, the femurs do not go down, even if my mechanical limit are set to -900 / 900.

I had to add theses lines in the end of the hex_cfg.h file to get my legs in order:

#define cRRFemurInv 1
#define cRMFemurInv 1
#define cRFFemurInv 1
#define cLRFemurInv 1
#define cLMFemurInv 1
#define cLFFemurInv 1

#define cRRTibiaInv 1
#define cRMTibiaInv 1
#define cRFTibiaInv 1
#define cLRTibiaInv 1
#define cLMTibiaInv 1
#define cLFTibiaInv 1

The defaults values has been corrected:

//[START POSITIONS FEET]
#define cHexInitXZ 121
#define CHexInitXZCos60 86 // COS(60) = .5
#define CHexInitXZSin60 86 // sin(60) = .866
#define CHexInitY 25

What else can/should I do ?

Many thanks for your help

Hey @Axenic

Welcome to the RobotShop community!

To increase the likelihood of receiving helpful responses it might be best to also post some pictures of your hexapod and its assembly. Maybe even a short video of the current state when moving and such?

Unsure why this is the case with your hexapod. The fact that you had to add extra #define to get it to work means it is assembled differently than the typical hexapod the code was meant to run on.

Definitely some pics will help here. Make sure to clearly show the joins and how the motors are assembled into them.

Sincerely,