Penny - An Arduino SHR

Hi

Hi do you use any motor controller, I did not noticed clearly in here, I wonder if it is H bridge, My next Q, what if the robot withoutencoder, will it able to do the avoidance task

Nice job so far, congrats on

Nice job so far, congrats on your progress :slight_smile:

I used Ro-Bot-X’s Arduino

I used Ro-Bot-X’s Arduino shield for building robots, which includes a motor driver chip. No encoders yet, but I have bought some that I can to the motors.

You can do obstacle avoidance without encoders. You just need some sort of sensor to tell the robot when something is in its way. Then turn and test again.

Adding encoders will allow more accurate navigation, which I want so I can use Penny to control a pen and write while she drives.

Updates on Penny

HI I am just starting out and would like to build Penny. Ccn I use the Arduino Uno instead of the Mega? Did you ever post a wiring diagram? Form the LBR website it looks like activity in this project stopped in 2011. Are there any posted updates?

DO you have a step by step outline on the assembly of Penny? 

I see that you also live in NJ and have held classes teaching robotics. Do you still offerr offer classes on building robots using Arduino Uno?  If so how can I get more information?