painting

anyone ever painted brushed metal ses parts? if so what method did you find worked best? im sure everyone would enjoy pictures as well

The brushed aluminum parts are not anodized. This is so the customer can have them anodized any color other than black which we do offer. I don’t think paint is going to stick to the brushed aluminum parts, but I have had good results painting the black anodized ones.

hi you need to key the surface bead blasting or something a little more abbrasive will do fine then a good etch primer ,i think it will be more cost effective to have them anodised or find a friendly refinish shop

eh I’m not thinking paint would be the way to go either… take a lot of prep to get it to come out decent.
Maybe see if a local shop can annodize or powder coat the parts on the cheap for you?

it’s something i’ve never tried before so i figured i’d ask here first, when it comes time i think ill make some sort of home anodizing rig, it isn’t the safe idea but it sure is the most interesting, i probably won’t get to it for a while anyway, plastic armor comes first