Ozobot Evo Firmware update fails

Hi!

I require your help regarding a problem I’m encountering.

Description: I just received my Ozobot Evo. In the app from my iPad, I can see that it has firmware 1.12 installed. Running the Evo Checkup to find a new update, I get the “Scanning … 2 minutes remaining”.
I wait until it reaches 0 seconds remaining. And then nothing happens… It stays like this forever.
Note: I initially ran it without the robot plugged on charge, so I tried again but connecting it to the power.

Is the unit faulty or is there a workaround?
Hardware concerned:

Software concerned:

Troubleshooting steps already taken:

Additional information:

Thank you so much in advance for your help!

Note: I eventually have to close and restart the application. I get an update failed error and I have to quit.

Following Ozobot support’s answer, I ended up updating the firmware using my PC and https://ozobot.com/support/evo-update
It worked ok.

Note: I’m still having issues in running the Programs & Tricks e.g. Color Match but it doesn’t do anything. Could there be an issue with the latest Ozobot Evo application version 2.3.6 (97243)? (the program shows as Running and pressing Stop doesn’t do anything).
I tried ozoblockly programs from my PC browser and it works…

We’re sorry that you’re having difficulties with the Ozobot.

We suggest contacting the manufacturer directly so they can help you with the troubleshooting or determine if it’s a faulty unit.

For assistance in using your Ozobot or for warranty support, please contact them at: [email protected]

1 Like

Hi
As advised in my earlier reply, I managed to get the Ozobot upgraded and working using my laptop. There seem to be an issue still with iOS application (using the latest version). I reported it to the support.
Thanks