Owi535 on windows 10

Hi! Can I run owi535 from windows 10? Tx

I require your help regarding a problem I’m encountering.

Description:

Hardware concerned:

Software concerned:

Troubleshooting steps already taken:

Additional information:

Thank you so much in advance for your help!

Hello @Rakos and welcome to the RobotShop forum,

You don’t need any PC or laptop to use the Owi535 Robotic Arm, it is controlled with the included wired control box.

Hi Geraldine. I bought this a a thrift store for grandson. I realize that it can be controlled with controller, but I would like him to be able to program it on a computer as well. Also the PC connections board is separate: I assume it goes into the yellow compartment on the robot? Tx. John

Oh, I see, you already have this then

Please check if your box to see if it says windows 10. Older versions of the interface will not work with windows 8.1 and 10. However, if your box does not say windows10 you may use this workaround -WINDOWS 8.1 AND 10 WORKAROUND CLICK HERE. * DISCLAIMER: NOT AN AUTHORIZED OR APPROVED UPDATE. THIS LINK WAS PROVIDED BY A CUSTOMER USING WINDOWS 8.1 AND 10.

You can also check the manual for 32-bit Computers or 64-bit Computers.

Hi. I do not have the disk (nor do I have a disk reader on my computer: Dell laptop and desktop, Windows 10). I plug the OWI into the computer, which seems to recognize it and install a driver. Can I download the Robotic Arm Edge software to ‘play’ as in the User guide? Thanks, John

Try installing this Robotic Arm Edge - Windows 7 64-bit Drivers

A while back we bought some USB adapter kits for the OWI Robotic Arms and they worked great until we had to update to Windows 10 and then we couldn’t use them any more. Our IT department was reluctant to making the changes to proposed above. I have a laptop that I have admin rights on and will try it. Any other Windows 10 updates?

Thanks abell118

1 Like

Hello @abell118,

Unfortunately no. However, you may want to reach out to the manufacturer directly at:
https://owirobot.com/pages/Send-us-a-message-for-some-help.html

Regards

1 Like