Onboarding the litter robot 3 connect app: red power light instead of blue

Hi!

Litter-robot 3 connect

When i hold down the ‘Empty’ and ‘Cycle’ button to start the onboarding process, the power buttons turns blue for a short period and the red. I have tried performing a hard rest, resetting the router, deleting the app. None of this has worked.

Pleas we can you assist?

Thanks.

Hello @Guybott,

Welcome to RobotShop community.

We are sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your Litter-Robot.

Please provide us with your order number or a copy of the invoice.

Was the robot connected to the app before or this is the first time you try to connect it?

Please leave the robot unplugged during the night and try again in the morning.

Awaiting your reply.

Sincerely,

1 Like

Ebram,

Thank you for your swift response.

The order number is #1217798.

The litter-robot was connected but i disconnected it so my partner could connect it to her phone instead. After disconnecting the litter-robot from my app, i could not put it into the onboarding mode. I have tried deleting the app from both phones, performing a hard restet after unplugging the litter robot for a couple of days and then putting it into onoarding mode, which failed.
I have even removed the litter robot connection from the router admin page and reset the router. I also tried doing a hard reset after turning off the wifi, then putting the litter robot into onboarding mode with the router off. This also failed.

Can you please suggest something else?

Thanks very much.
Guy
P.s. if you need a copy of the invoice, i can send this privately.

Hello @Guybott,

Thank you for your reply.

There’s no need for the invoice, the order number is enough.

Was your husband using your credentials or new ones to log into the app?

The serial number can only be connected to one account so if he was creating a new account it wouldn’t work.

Please try to download the app again on your phone and use your credentials to connect to the robot.

If that worked, you can then start by deactivating your account then let him try to reuse the serial number for his account.

If the robot keeps showing the red “Power” button issue and not showing available on the phone, please let us know.

Awaiting your reply.

Sincerely,

Ebram,

I believe my partner created her own account and tried to connect the robot to her phone. Following this, i deleted the litter robot from both our phone apps and deleted the apps from both phones. I then reset the router, turned the router off and performed a hard reset on the litter robot. I then tried to put the robot into onboarding mode with the router off and no app installed on either phone but still got a red light. I tried again with the router on and no app installed, and again with the router on with the app installed on one phone but not logged in. Finally, i tried with the router on, app installed on one phone and logged in. Unfortunately, none of these worked.

Any further suggestions?

I appreciate your timely responses and effort.

Thank you

Hello @Guybott,

Does the “Power” button turn red in all of these tries?

Awaiting your reply.

Sincerely,

@Ebram

Yes, the power button turns red; it turns blue for a very short period followed by a permanent red light.

best regards,
Guy

Hello @Guybott,

In this case, the WiFi module has gone defective and needs to be replaced.

We can send you a new circuit board to fix the issue.

Here’s a video to show you how to replace it:

We will need the following:

1- Shipping address.
2- Phone number.
3- Serial number located on the back of the robot.

Please send these details in a private message to me directly for more security.

Awaiting your reply.

Sincerely,

Hello @Guybott,

Very well, we will forward you now to our replacement department to carry on with the process.

You will be contacted shortly via email with further details about the shipping.

Have a lovely evening, stay safe.

Sincerely,

This topic was transferred to internal RobotShop Support.