NIRS sensor for Plants

Hi!

I require your help regarding a problem I’m encountering.

I am planning a developing an NIRS sensor that can detect disease in plants. I want to use a simple NIRS board which I see you have connect to a camera which can show different colour variations to my computer ? can this be done if so can you recommended the parts required?
Thank you so much in advance for your help!

Hello @AllardBen and welcome to the RobotShop forum,

I’m guessing you are referring to the SparkFun Spectral Sensor Breakout Board - AS7263 NIR (Qwiic), however, this board does not connect to a camera but to a microcontroller or single-board computer and communicates either through I2C, Serial by using the dedicated pins or Qwiic connectors. You can find more information about the board in the useful links on the product page and the hookup guide.

However, if what you want is a vision sensor that allows you to capture the infrared spectrum I suggest looking for a NoIR camera module. I’m not very familiar with near-infrared spectroscopy but I read in this document that the infrared wavelengths of interest are between 780 and 2500 nm so a NoIR camera module may work for you. For this you would also need a single board computer like the Raspberry Pi, and depending on your project you may also need to build something up (check this tutorial).

I hope this information can help you out

Good luck with your project!

1 Like