Nightynighty bedside manners

Morning LED project here.. We love mood lights around here, someone was building this (see original design on main project picture) So i put it all up together.

where to place the mood lights?

The LED strip goes under the bed, or any other furniture on the room and the pots are for playing with the color tone.

RGB, a pot of each color, and a button to control the mode.Insect bot controller board

draft sketch up and running with all the hardware, hopefullyI'm testing now the Rainbow mode and single static color mode with the Red Green Blue pots to set the mood.

here is a quick test:

test

the pots in accion 

Here is a quick demo of the Potentiometers in action. You can barely see my hand on top side of the image. For this quick test, i had disabled half of the LED due to power concerns.

Update,

Here are the links for the materials, i believe it is all around 93 dollars:

3 of these pots

1 button

LED strip

bettle controller

Shield

If you are planning on building it, drop me a message and I can try to help out with the box. Otherwise, you can just download the STLs attached and print it your self ;)

Pictures of the box":

Can't attach the STLs, and i have not uploaded them yet so if you need them drop me a line ^^

mood lights

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://community.robotshop.com/robots/show/nightynighty-bedside-manners

That is so Nice

I can see how this could influence the mood when going to sleep or waking up. Would be so much more soothing than that dreaded Alarm clock ringing. Whats the board you are using and can it be run from a PC?

It’s a Arduino Leonardo

It’s a Arduino Leonardo compatible board. It is the same as in this project:

https://www.robotshop.com/letsmakerobots/node/38869

I am quite eager to give it a try at home when light is darker. 

Welcome to LMR!

Welcome to lmr ojo!That’s a nice coloured build. Long live LEDs :slight_smile: