New Robotic Concept

Hi,

I am an University student from Australia and I received a project for one of units. The unit is Fundamentals of Innovation and entrepreneurship.

My assignment is to develop around the main problem which is, ‘ Main problem - Not many people are travelling due to pandemic. Develop a robot for airports to increase people’s confidence and safety.

Since I am not from robotics background I want an idea which is innovative enough that’s what I need help with.

Hoping for quick and positive reply.

Thanks
Harshneel

Hello @Harshneel and welcome to the RobotShop forum!

I’m not sure if you need help with the parts you might need to build the robot or if you just need help with the approach you want to take with the robot. If it is the latter then I invite you to visit the following sections of the store to get some inspiration:

I also think a good idea would be to visit the Blogs section and even the News to get an idea of what technologies are being used in the industry to help with the pandemic and increase people’s confidence and safety. Some articles you may find interesting:

I think a mix between a disinfection robot and a guide/entertainment robot would be ideal, maybe include Speech Recognition so people can easily communicate/operate the robot without having to touch screens.

I hope that gives you some ideas :smiley:

2 Likes

Hey there, I’ve been in your situation already and I can relate to your feeling. According to my experience with robotics and electronic, I could find that the best inspiration sources for me was when I was watching a sci-fi movie or reading a book. I think you should give it a try! Let me know how it goes. Here’s a small list that came to my mind quickly:
The matrix, Minority Report, 12 monkeys, Isaac Azimov: robots, robots the movie, big hero 6, inception, love death and robots (netflix).

1 Like