New Build - Hunter V-Tail 400

Hi all,

I have been thinking about doing my first build for a while, and looking over the Hunter V-Tail; a deal came up and ordered the frame (hardware kit) with canopy… now i’m comitted. Primary use is for hobbyist flight, not cheapest parts but quality. Ideally, would also like basic FPV and possibly some telemetry.

Flight controller - I need some advice on a F/C that is suitable for a quadcopter V-Tail, and will fit under the Hunter canopy. Any ideas? I had wondered if PixHawk would be good?

Radio - Any reecomendations?

Thanks

Current parts
Lynxmotion Hunter V-Tail (400)
T-Motor AIR2213 920kv Brushless Motors
T-Motor AIR20A V2 compact ESC
T-Motor 9.5×4.5 propellers

There are existing (complete) Hunter VTail kits which can provide a good idea of what flight controller, motors and ESCs work well, including:

Take a look at each “What’s Included” tab to see links to the motors and ESCs, as well as additional parts.

The FC which is recommended for most Lynxmotion drone kits (and is VTail compatible and fits within the canopy) is the Quadrino Nano:

An advantage here is that you can follow a step-by-step guide to getting your V-Tail in the air (lynxmotion.com)

The Pixhawk is one of the best known FCs for custom builds and there are tutorials online which allow you to set it up for V-Tail configuration.
https://www.robotshop.com/en/catalogsearch/result/?q=pixhawk&order=relevance&dir=desc
There are a few versions on the market, and many accessories if you want “plug and play”.

Have you already chosen a remote control, battery etc.?