*(If you didn't see the previous article please visit it here, as it has all the explanations about the electronics and way of working. All improvements are based on that one)
here we have the new version of the water rocket, with all the secrets and improvements on:
- the launchpad, to avoid pressure leakage.
- The fins for a more straight flight.
- The automatic parachute system, more reliable and lighter.
- The navigation software, for a more accurate detection of launch, apogee, and data storage in the Arduino EEPROM.
In this video we'll see this and other interesting details: Automatic parachute for a water rocket.
In previous videos we saw takes from the rocket, also other building details:
- Tutorial on how to build a simple water rocket: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5G8b00kDKo
- Videos from a water rocket (I) Oxford (UK): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3aAcTf5RU0
- Videos from a water rocket II Oxford UK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GGwC14PO_k
Here is the accomodation of all the electronics inside the rocket:
I encourage you to follow my YouTube channel and let a comment below. Thanks!
Detects rocket launch, apogee and descend to open a parachute
- Actuators / output devices: 1 Servo
- Control method: automatic
- Operating system: Arduino
- Programming language: C++
- Sensors / input devices: pressure sensors
This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://community.robotshop.com/robots/show/new-automatic-parachute-system-for-a-water-rocket