New A4WD1 PS2 RC Rover Tutorial (sneak peak)

lynxmotion.com/images/html/build134.htm

Looks great!

Just a couple of questions…

1. I assume you are using the Atom Pro as you mentioned 8.0.1.7.

2. Step 9/Figure 9. I am not sure if the PS2 connections shown in this figure will work for the old ABB. (probably have to move to other pins and add pull-up resistor(s).

3. Step 10 talks about running wires from P10 and P11 to inputs for the A and B Leds, but the picture looks like it still has the jumpers in place for P12-14, which may have to be removed for the PS2 controller to work properly?

xxx) And most importantly I makes me need to get back to working on my rover :slight_smile: - Mine is wired a bit differently, with BB2 to SSC32 to sabertooth… Also Laser6 isntead of Ps2, but…

Again Looks great!!!

You’re too kind. lol

My contribution was the pictorial schematics. I posted the link as soon as I had them done. However when I got home and started reading it… Well it still needs a lot of work. :wink: I hacked it up so much it barely resembles the original. It will look much better later today. :blush:

Hokay, now it’s ready for feedback. :wink:

Jim in step 6 you wrote

Does that mean I can use my Basic Atom or do I need to have the Atom Pro for this?

Also is the distance from centerline of the left front tire to the C/L of the right front tire the same distance as from the Top Dead Center of the left front tire to the Top Dead Center of the left rear tire? Is that what allows it to spin with a zero turn radius? Or would it still do that if the wheelbase was longer than the wheel width?

In that sentence “basic atom” is used generically. The tutorial is written for the Atom Pro…

As for the top dead center line distance of doom… I suppose the wider the tires are separated the easier it will turn in place, but I didn’t purposely calculate anything when I designed the chassis. I just used the trial and error method for a good overall rover design.