Need Servo Range of 180 degrees

Hi there,

I have a transmitter that is limited to 900 - 2100 us. It is a Skydroid H16 …o dont think you can increase anymore than this eg…extend by %

However I need to control a servo that rotates from 0-180 degrees.

Do I need to use a programmable servo or smart servo? Will that solve my problem?

thank you.

Hello @Mjth!

This product might work for you:

The Servo Travel Tuner allows you to adjust the range of the servo regardless of the signal being sent! It plugs in, much like a servo extension, and gives you three dials to adjust the servo to your liking. Turn the dials up to achieve more travel or turn them down to have fine precision control over a very limited range.

• Max Input PWM Range: 500-2500 μsec
  • Max Output PWM Range: 500-2500 μsec

I hope that helps :grin:

Thanks @geraldinebc15. This looks very useful.

Does this reduce the precision of the servo do you know?

Not exactly, what loses precision is the PWM signal sent to control the servo, but the result is the same, you end up losing some precision.

Thanks @geraldinebc15 …these are perfect… I bought 5 of them!

Next 2 queries:

1. I need to install a on/off switch after the battery. I don’t really know where to start with this one - assuming is must handle possibility of 90 amps? any recommendations for what to use in this situation?

2. I am running a bunch of high torque servos (never at the same time as the motors) …3 of them will be on the same channel… and may peak at 15Amp (7.4 volt)

Should i just use a drop down voltage regulator say from the PDB 22v to 7.4 volts? eg below…

thanks

1. I need to install a on/off switch after the battery. I don’t really know where to start with this one - assuming is must handle possibility of 90 amps?

Yes, it should handle 90A, but unfortunately, there’s nothing on the store that can withstand that current.

1. Should i just use a drop down voltage regulator say from the PDB 22v to 7.4 volts?

Yes, you can do that :slight_smile: